The Genomics Core Facility is located on the 2nd Floor of Waksman Hall, Room 218 Busch Campus, Rutgers University. Our mission is reduce time, cost and increased expertise in latest sequencing technologies for researchers. We provide comprehensive and accessible solutions for a diverse group of researchers. Waksman Genomics Core Facility (WGCF) projects from Waksman include bacteria, plant, and animal.
Next Generation Sequencing
High-throughput technologies and instruments used in our facility
PacBio Sequel DNA sequencer uses Single Molecule Real Time (SMRT) technology to produce long reads, uniform coverage, and high consensus accuracy. The Sequel long 10-15kb reads are ideal for whole genome sequencing, full-length transcript sequencing, or sequencing of long amplicons. Additionally, its SMRT sequencing technology can also be used to directly detect DNA base modifications.
- Whole genome and targeted re-sequencing
- De novo genome sequencing… Read More
Genomic Data Analysis
Genomic Data Analysis service available from our facility. We have extensive experience in identification, annotation, prediction, De Novo and resquencing projects with large datasets.
- Variant (SNP & Indel) and Structural Variation Discovery
- Exome Sequencing Analysis
- Complete RNA-seq analysis including Differential Gene Expression, gene fusion and Novel Isoform (Alternative Splicing) Identification
- Small and miRNA Sequencing Analysis
- ChIP-Seq Peak Analysis
- De Novo Genome &… Read More